Iowa City Public Library

Browse Items (152 total)

  • Format is exactly "pdf"

Sermon from dedication of First Presbyterian Church

Tags: ,

Sheriff’s Certificate, describing Sheriff Edmund Harrison’s posting of a specific lot of land for sale (block 86, lot 8, the northwest corner of Market St. and Clinton St.) in November, 1859. An added portion, written by N. Oakes and dated August…
The Goosetown Tree Walk begins at the Hickory Hill parking lot off of Bloomington Street and ends at the Hickory Hill park trees near Cedar Street. The tour walks along Bloomington, Reno, Center, Davenport, Pleasant, and Cedar Streets. Due to the…
"Some Leaves You May See on a Tree Walk". Pamphlet displays leaf shapes for trees living in the Iowa City area. Pamhplet printed double-sided on 8.5x14" green paper with black ink. Trees include the following: Apricot, Eastern Arborvita, Mountain…
The Longfellow Tree Walk begins at the Longfellow school parking lot, heads west on Seymour, north on Clark, west on Court, south on Summit, east on Sheridan, and back up east on Seymour Street. Due to the changing nature of the neighborhood and…
The North Side Tree Walk begins at North Market Square and walks along Johnson, Ronalds, Van Buren, Church, Linn, Davenport, Dubuque, Bloomington, and Dodge Streets. Due to the changing nature of the neighborhood and other natural occurrences, the…
The Oakland Cemetery Tree Walk begins at the east end of Brown Street, walks along the Governor Street side of the cemetery, turns east when parallel to Church, heads back towards Brown, and turns and curves past past many of the walkways in the…
Letter from Max Hess, chief engineer of the Kilgen Organ Company to Earl E. Harper detailing plans to install organ.
Letter from Max Hess, chief engineer of the Kilgen Organ Company to A.M. McLeod regarding changes to the design of the organ chamber.

Response by the President and the Board of Trustees of the First Presbyterian Church to the Bill of Complaint brought by Rev. Michael Hummer.

First pages of ledger detail money collected by Rev. Michael Hummer in 1847, for the building of the First Presbyterian Church. Rev. Hummer made two trips out East to raise funds for the Church, and the ledger records the amounts received in…

An expense ledger kept by Rev. Michael Hummer from mid-1845 to 1847. The ledger details the amounts paid for various materials and services related to building a church. Rev. Hummer was the first pastor of the First Presbyterian Church, and had been…

Minutes from October 14, 1923, joint meeting with all church officers

Minutes from December 9, 1923, meeting with church officers

Minutes from December 16, 1923, meeting with church officers

Book published in commemoration of World War I servicemen from Johnson County, Iowa. Includes many group photographs and a listing of all those who served, as well as a list of Gold Star recipients.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2