Iowa City Public Library

Browse Items (19 total)

  • Tags: Linn Street

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0091a.jpg
The location of Prairie Lights at the time of this postcard (ca. 1980) was at 100 South Linn Street, Iowa City.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0089a.jpg
The location of Prairie Lights at the time of this postcard was 100 South Linn Street, Iowa City. Postcard sent to Gerry Mansheim, postmarked February 17, 1983. Dog and cat 13-cent stamp.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0027a.jpg
W.P. Hohenschuh's Mortuary was located at 13 South Linn Street, currently occupied by the Iowa City Yacht Club. Postcard sent from Carl Zetterwall to Alta B. Vaughn, postmarked November 15, 1937. Ben Franklin 1-cent stamp.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0026a_ex.jpg
W.P. Hohenschuh's Mortuary was located at 13 South Linn Street, currently occupied by the Iowa City Yacht Club. Details on the building are on the back of postcard.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0024a.jpg
The Iowa City Yacht Club is located at 13 South Linn Street, Iowa City.

http://history.icpl.org/import/cic_032.jpg
Original Iowa City Post Office building. Current site of the Senior Center building. Slide printed April 1965.

http://history.icpl.org/import/cic_031.jpg
Iowa City Catholic Grade School, formerly Saint Patrick's Parochial School, on the right. Slide printed August 1972.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420241.jpg
Front view of large white two-story house

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420240.jpg
Side view of large white two-story house

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420188.jpg
Back of 402 South Linn St seen in this photo. Iowa City Catholic Grade School, formerly Saint Patrick's Parochial School, in the background.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420186.jpg
Back of 402 South Linn St seen in this photo.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420185.jpg
Back of 402 South Linn St seen in this photo. Iowa City Catholic Grade School, formerly Saint Patrick's Parochial School, in the background.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-20042040.jpg
South Linn Street intersection with East Washington Street downtown.

icpl-0004_1904.jpg.jpg
The Carnegie Library at 212 South Linn Street opened its doors on Thursday, October 27, 1904. Funds for the construction of this building were provided by a $35,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2