Iowa Flying Club, 1948
The Iowa Flying Club was a recreational organization consisting mainly of Iowa students. The group cooperatively acquired a Cessna 120 aircraft in the fall of 1946 with member dues. Members, all of varying degrees of flying skill, shared the plane. The logo was created by an Iowa student, winning a logo contest for the prize of one hour of free airtime.
|Creator||Kent, Frederick W. (Frederick Wallace), 1894-1984|
|Coverage||Iowa City, Iowa|
|Rights||Educational use only.|
|Collection||Iowa City Airport|
|Tags||1940s, airplanes, airport, people|