Cannon & Pratt Building, 1901
The second location for the ICPL was at 212 East College Street in the Cannon & Pratt building opening in June of 1901. Today most of this site is occupied by the present public library building. While rent at this new location was an additional $125 per year, additional space, improved lighting, and more desirable library quarters were among the reasons for the move.
|Subject||Iowa City Public Library (Iowa City, Iowa)|
|Coverage||Iowa City, Iowa|
|Rights||Educational use only.|
|Publisher||Iowa City Public Library|
|Collection||Iowa City Public Library|
|Tags||1900s, businesses, cars, City of Iowa City, College Street, flags, library, street scene|