1860 Sheriff’s Certificate—N. Oakes vs. Presbyterian Church
Sheriff’s Certificate, describing Sheriff Edmund Harrison’s posting of a specific lot of land for sale (block 86, lot 8, the northwest corner of Market St. and Clinton St.) in November, 1859. An added portion, written by N. Oakes and dated August 9, 1860, describes his selling of title and right to the property to John C. Culbertson. A final portion, written by John C. Culbertson and dated August 21, 1860, describes his releasing of title and right to the property to the First Presbyterian Church.
|Culbertson, John C.|
|Coverage||Iowa City, Iowa|
|Rights||Educational use only.|
|Collection||First Presbyterian Church|
|Tags||churches, first presbyterian church, John C. Culbertson, real estate|