1855 Subscription ledger for a bell for the North Presbyterian Church in Iowa City
A list of people who pledged to pay money for a bell for the North Presbyterian Church. The North Presbyterian Church was the First Presbyterian Church, and was located where Old Brick is. The church building that stood in 1855 was destroyed by fire on May 19, 1856. Rev. F.A. Shearer was pastor at this time.
The Church’s designation as ‘North’ differentiates it from the New School Presbyterian Church, formally called the First Constitutional Presbyterian Church of Iowa City, which was located on the south side of Burlington Street, between Clinton and S. Capitol streets. This building was also referred to as the Stone Church.
|Rights||Educational use only.|
|Collection||First Presbyterian Church|
|Tags||bells, churches, first presbyterian church, money, people|