Iowa City Public Library

Browse Items (207 total)

  • Tags: people

fpc_1868-036.pdf
Booklet recording the cost of and rentals paid by Church members for specific pews.

fpc_1868-035.jpg
Handwritten note detailing the amount of money to be paid for a section of a particular pew in the North (First) Presbyterian Church during the year 1869. Signed by Alfred Stevens.

Internal Revenue 5 cent certificate stamp, hand canceled with Aug…

fpc_1868-033.pdf
Ledger detailing amounts paid for specific pews in the First Presbyterian Church during 1868-1869.

fpc_1855-027.jpg
A list of people who pledged to pay money for a bell for the North Presbyterian Church. The North Presbyterian Church was the First Presbyterian Church, and was located where Old Brick is. The church building that stood in 1855 was destroyed by fire…

fpc_1855-026.jpg
A list of people who pledged to pay money for a bell for the North Presbyterian Church. The North Presbyterian Church was the First Presbyterian Church, and was located where Old Brick is. The church building that stood in 1855 was destroyed by fire…

hibbs_dtown_0066a_ex.jpg
Irish's University Business College was located at 205 1/2 Washington Street in downtown Iowa City. Postcard sent to Fern Athey, postmarked June 24, 1912. George Washington 1-cent stamp.

hibbs_dtown_0044a.jpg
The Jefferson Building is located at 129 East Washington Street. It was built in 1913. Postcard sent to Nena Louis, postmarked January 7, 1916. George Washington 1-cent stamp.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0092a.jpg
Black Hawk Pedestrian Park was located at College and Washington Streets, downtown Iowa City. Eric Christenson designed the "Spirit of Black Hawk" mural.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0082a.jpg
This image was taken in front of the Pentacrest.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0081a.jpg
This image was taken in front of the Pentacrest.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0064a_ex.jpg
The First National Bank in Iowa City was located at 202 East Washington Street.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0050a.jpg
The Jefferson Building is located at 129 East Washington Street. It was built in 1913. Postcard sent to Bud Louis, postmarked August 20, 1937. Ben Franklin 1-cent stamp.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0046a_ex.jpg
Hotel Jefferson building on the left. The first postcard sent to Earnest [Sorichovich], postmarked November 29, 1923, George Washington 1-cent stamp. Second postcard sent to Anna Anthony, postmarked August 3, 1927, George Washington 2-cent stamp.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0040a_ex.jpg
The Jefferson Building is located at 129 East Washington Street. It was built in 1913. In 1928, after this image was made, an additional two stories were built onto this building. Postcard sent from Mary Stemm to Emma Marolf, postmarked 1918. …

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0039a.jpg
The Jefferson Building is located at 129 East Washington Street. It was built in 1913. In 1928, after this image was made, an additional two stories were built onto this building. Postcard sent to Charlotte Johnson, postmarked June 22, 1916. …

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0038a_ex.jpg
The Jefferson Building is located at 129 East Washington Street. It was built in 1913. In 1928, after this image was made, an additional two stories were built onto this building. The first postcard was sent from Katherine Jane to Louie J. Herman,…

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0036a_ex.jpg
The Masonic Temple is located at 312 College Street, Iowa City. First postcard sent to L.V. Bartlett, postmarked June 13, 1923, George Washington 1-cent stamp. Second postcard sent to Mary Larson, postmarked March 18, 1917, George Washington 1-cent…

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0012a_ex.jpg
The Burkley Imperial Hotel was located at 9 East Washington Street. Postcard sent to Milton Smith, postmarked August 12, 1908. Ben Franklin 1-cent stamp.

http://history.icpl.org/import/cic_028.jpg
Iowa Avenue, east from the Old Capitol steps. Slide printed March 1972.

http://history.icpl.org/import/cic_011.jpg
Pre-pedestrian mall, prior to the Black Hawk mural that was painted on the side of the building shown. Slide printed September 1974.

http://history.icpl.org/import/cic_008.jpg
Future site of Plaza Centre One. Slide printed August 1973.

http://history.icpl.org/import/urban_8-036.jpg
People gathered in downtown Iowa City, slide printed September 1979

http://history.icpl.org/import/urban_8-026A.jpg
Pedestrian mall, College and Dubuque Streets. This photo features the fountain informally called "Three Women Peeing," an unnamed sculpture created by Bob Satter and Brian Gutheinz. It was a tubular fountain on stepped brick platform, made with steel…

http://history.icpl.org/import/urban_8-018.jpg
South on Dubuque and Washington Streets. Hotel Jefferson at the right. Slide printed March 1972.

http://history.icpl.org/import/urban_8-013.jpg
Southeast corner of Clinton and Washington before urban renewal.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2