Iowa City Public Library
Post Cards from Early Iowa City and Johnson County

Hotel Jefferson, Iowa City, Iowa

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0038a_ex.jpg
http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0038b_ex.jpg
http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0038c_ex.jpg
http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0038d_ex.jpg
http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0038e_ex.jpg

The Jefferson Building is located at 129 East Washington Street. It was built in 1913. In 1928, after this image was made, an additional two stories were built onto this building. The first postcard was sent from Katherine Jane to Louie J. Herman, postmarked August 28, 1919, George Washington 1-cent stamp. The second postcard was sent to Genevieve Waldo, postmarked July 18, 1916, George Washington 1-cent stamp. The third postcard was sent to Alethea Gilly, postmarked June 2, 1922, George Washington 1-cent stamp. The fourth postcard was sent to Mrs. W.W. Wohlford, postmarked July 10, 1922, George Washington 1-cent stamp.

Citation

“Hotel Jefferson, Iowa City, Iowa,” Iowa City Public Library, accessed October 19, 2017, http://history.icpl.org/items/show/1379.