Iowa City Public Library DHP

Browse Items (168 total)

  • Tags: businesses

JCHS-20042081.jpg
Business pictured: Campus Stores, 17 West College Street.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-20042063.jpg
Businesses featured: Lorenz, Green Cross, Bremers,

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-20042055.jpg
Businesses featured: Dotty Dunn Hats, Rosheks, Moose, Iowa State Bank & Trust Company. There appear to be Christmas decorations on a building and street lamp.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-20042020.jpg
Businesses featured: The Ebony, Salvation Army, Betty's Flower Shop, Red Carpet Travel Service, Dunton Insurance, Donnelly's, Best Steakhouse, Baskin Robbins

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-20042064.jpg
Businesses featured: Astro, Stillwell's, Continental Mortgage Investment Company, Iowa City Typewriter, Fuiks Jewelers, Barbara's Bake Shop

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-20042061.jpg
Businesses featured: Old Capitol Apartments, Swails Frigidaire. "Bull" Durham ad.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0071a.jpg
The Dresden China Store was located at 13 and 15 South Dubuque Street, Iowa City. A descriptive advertisement for the business is printed on the back of the postcard.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0074a.jpg
The Dresden China Store was located at 13 and 15 South Dubuque Street, Iowa City.

http://history.icpl.org/import/cic_026.jpg
Future site of parking ramp downtown. Businesses pictured on South Dubuque Street 100-Block: J.C. Penney's, Iowa movie theatre, Piper's Candies, Blackstone Beauty Salon. Slide printed March 1972.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0061a_ex.jpg
The First National Bank in Iowa City was located at 202 East Washington Street.

hibbs_dtown_0008a_ex.jpg
Aerial view of downtown Iowa City. Identified buildings include old City Hall building, demolished in 1962. First postcard sent from Lida and Mrs. McWilliams to Mrs. A.B. Thompson, postmarked November 1, 1915, George Washington 1-cent stamp. …

http://history.icpl.org/import/cic_020.jpg
Temporary building constructed on South Clinton Street during Urban Renewal. Slide printed July 1973.

http://heritage.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-95466.jpg
John Wilson’s Sporting Goods store, across the street, later moved to the 400 block of East College, then to Eastdale Mall and later to the Sycamore Mall.

http://heritage.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-95463a.jpg
Bremers store on the 100 block of East Washington Street, downtown.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420190.jpg
This fire occurred on March 22, 1963.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420191.jpg
This fire occurred on March 22, 1963.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420192.jpg
This fire occurred on March 22, 1963.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420193.jpg
This fire occurred on March 22, 1963.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420194.jpg
This fire occurred on March 22, 1963.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420195.jpg
This fire occurred on March 22, 1963.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420196.jpg
This fire occurred on March 22, 1963.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/JCHS-200420197.jpg
This fire occurred on March 22, 1963.

http://history.icpl.org/import/hibbs_dtown_0013a_ex.jpg
The Burkley Imperial Hotel was located at 9 East Washington Street. Postcard sent from Mary to Frank Harding, postmarked December 9, 1912. George Washington 1-cent stamp.

http://history.icpl.org/archive/import/icpl-0000_1897.jpg
The first ICPL was on the second floor of the C.O.D. Steam Laundry building at 211 Iowa Ave. opening its doors on Thursday January 21, 1897. The library initially employed one librarian and held a total of 1,300 books. Public outcry for more…
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2