Iowa City Airport, 1940
Along with a number of flight instructors, Paul Shaw, owner of the Shaw Aircraft Co. whose planes are pictured in these photographs, trained over 2,500 pilots from 1939 to 1945. In 1941, a year after these photos were taken, the government made this program part of its military training, beginning the Navy Pre-Flight School for the war effort.
|Creator||Kent, Frederick W. (Frederick Wallace), 1894-1984|
|Coverage||Iowa City, Iowa|
|Rights||Educational use only.|
|Collection||Iowa City Airport|
|Tags||1940s, airplanes, airport, Paul Shaw, people, pilots|